hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all - emily dickinson

Sunday, February 27, 2011

things happen fast.

Well... it's been a while. November 15, blogger tells me, was my last post. Let's just say it was a busy few months there.

since my last post, I...

- found out I was going to be an Aunt to my sister's first baby
- was asked to consider a new position at work
- was told I would be headed to Thailand for about a month for work
- traveled back to MA for my 10 year high school reunion and surprise engagement party for a dear friend
- accepted the new position at work and committed to 3 years with ELIC in Colorado
- traveled to Chicago for a work event
- traveled back to MA for Christmas/New Years
- planned/organized my sister's bridal shower
- traveled back to MA for MOH duties and my sister's wedding
- traveled to Thailand for work
- found out Kris and Jon are having a girl!
- arrived back in CO and started my new job
- realized my 29th birthday is in 2 weeks... (yikes! where does the time go?!)

yep. that's about the gist of it. So, now you're caught up on my life.
As for my thoughts? Well, there are many. And frankly, I don't feel like diving into that mess right now. But let's just say that God is so good and so faithful. And Michael Card is an excellent speaker - I'm thrilled he was at the Thailand conference this year. Thank God for his wisdom and encouragement.
And Lola? Well, she got a bath tonight and wasn't happy about it. The scratch marks on my back can attest to that. Note to self:  Next time clip claws pre-bath.  Also - I think Lola gained more weight than me in the month I was gone... Auntie Katie spoils her.

Oh and one more thing. I've decided to start swimming because it's supposed to be an excellent work out and I'm tired of being lazy. So to kick the lazy out the door, we've got a 10k in the Colorado Marathon on May 1 in Fort Collins. And if I'm up for it... possibly a sprint tri-athalon in Loveland in July. We'll see if I can swim more than 2 laps before collapsing. Hopefully there's a lifeguard on duty at the gym. I'm not so worried about biking or running - because let's be honest, I'm not trying to win this thing, but the extent of my swim lessons were "sessions" in Nana's pool when I was like 6 years old. So yeah. You can pray for me.

And here's a wonderful verse that I've been thinking on lately...

"...let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith". Hebrews 10:22

also, this one: "...but for me, it is good to be near God". Psalm 73:28

1 comment:

  1. I did spoil Lola :) sorry I made her fat :(

    ReplyDelete